10. Gap years are great for your C.V, providing you with experience in volunteering, teamwork, cross-cultural communications and more. They make you more employable: yay!
9. There’s only so long you can stay in a comfort zone before boredom sets in. Do a gap year, and let God take you somewhere completely different both emotionally and physically.
8. You’ll learn more about yourself. Want to know what you’re good at/challenged by/ passionate about? Do a gap year!
7. By going somewhere to help out, learn and pray you’ll be deeply blessed by those you meet.
6. By going somewhere to help out, learn and pray you’ll also be a blessing to those you meet. It’s win win!
5. You’ll meet shiny, lovely brand new people. By the end of the trip, some of them may be friends for life.
4. Gap years are fun. You will laugh (probably so much that you cry) and you’ll come home with memories that last a lifetime.
3. God’s creation is magnificent. Gap years are the perfect way to see the world, including those places off the beaten track. Get your backpack, and get going!
2. You’ll learn tons, but you won’t need to sit any exams. Not even one!
1. You might not always have the time, energy or opportunity to live, laugh and learn in a developing country. This could be the chance of a lifetime, take it!